How I Achieve Healthy, Beautiful Skin

By Grace Myu - October 15, 2020

Healthy skin means I am 100% comfortable taking selfies, sans filters. My secret to healthy skin? After all these years, I always fall back to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser because it is soap-free and fragrance-free, which makes it suitable for all skin types -- not a problem even if your skin changes from dry to oily especially after MCO!


My No. #1 Go-To Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser


SKIN CHANGES ACCORDING TO YOUR ENVIRONMENT

When lockdown started in March 2020, like everyone else I had to work from home. My skin became oilier and also experienced breakouts from MASKNE (yes it’s real). Despite all these environmental changes, I remained loyal to my cleanser. I have been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for YEARS because it is gentle (important when your skin is breaking out) yet moisturizing. Gentle Skin Cleanser has been very convenient to me because it’s not necessary to switch to a different cleanser even when my skin changes as it is suitable for all skin types.



CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER - FIRST IMPRESSION

I first learned about Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser back in 2014, when I was approached to blog about it. Since then, whenever I experience escalating breakouts -- I only use this particular cleanser to soothe and clear my skin.


To be honest, I was hesitant to try something new in 2014 because I was having temperamental skin. I gave Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser the first try and the texture is really soft whitish gel. It doesn’t lather up, which was weird for me because all cleansers that I used prior lathers up pretty quickly when in contact with water. I was not even convinced that this would clean my skin thoroughly due to the lack of bubbles. Growing up, I was conditioned to think, “the more bubbles it gives, the ‘cleaner’ my skin would be.”  BOY WAS I WRONG!


It is NOT the number of bubbles that your cleanser produces which determines how thoroughly ‘clean’ your skin will be. Your cleanser should NOT strip natural oils from your face and should NOT give your face a tight feeling after cleansing. This is the false belief that has been fed to us. Instead, your skin should feel light, but not tight. Refreshed and yet, moisturized. This is the signs of a good, gentle cleanser. The key goal is to maintain your skin’s moisture barrier (your skin’s shield, the outermost layer) by using gentle products because when the barrier is compromised (by using oil-stripping cleansers), that’s when your skin will become vulnerable and may experience more breakouts.



CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER - AFTER 6 YEARS

Fast forward to today, I couldn’t have been happier making that decision. My skin looks soft and supple -- all thanks to this gentle and moisturizing cleanser. Every time after cleansing, my skin does not feel tight -- instead, it feels refreshed, its moisture levels retained, and is ready to absorb all the skincare goodness. I use it daily as my morning cleanser for light cleansing and night cleanser as the second part of my double-cleanse.


Currently, I’m in my 30’s and my skin is leaning on the combination-oily side. Even when my skin transitioned from dry to oily - my cleanser remained the same. That’s why it’s not only good for your skin but good for your wallet too as it doesn’t require you to change your cleanser when your skin is experiencing different environments. Like even for traveling to a colder place, there is no need to switch to a “dry skin cleanser” because Cetaphil is truly made for every skin type in mind, even sensitive ones.



So as I was saying, earlier in March during MCO, my remedy to maskne was returning to a gentle skincare routine. Prior to that, I tried to remedy with so many acne-fighting products that my skin would not just calm down. I patiently used Gentle Skin Cleanser daily during the bad skin season, together with Moisturizing Cream and UVA/UVB Defense SPF50+ for a complete healthy skincare routine.


True enough, the breakouts began reducing as time goes by. 


When experiencing breakouts, I must reiterate that you shouldn’t further agitate your skin when it is most vulnerable. Select a gentle skincare routine, and stick to it. That’s why I stick to Cetaphil after all these years. After all, Cetaphil is the No.1 dermatological skincare brand!



CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER - BENEFITS


CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER - WHERE TO PURCHASE

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is available at all leading pharmacies and also online on Cetaphil Official Store on Lazada and Shopee.


I implore you to try Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser if you are looking for a sustainable cleanser, no matter your age or skin condition. 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments