L'Occitane adds 2 New "Night" Products to their Reine Blanche whitening line

By Grace Myu - March 18, 2016

Two weeks ago, I was invited to attend a beauty launch at Seputeh Glasshouse - a recent rising  popular "hipster" event venue. I was thrilled because it was my very first time visiting and from all the pictures I saw online, this is the next best Instaworthy place!

L'Occitane was very kind to host a very intimate high tea with a group of beauty bloggers (me included) for the launch of their 2 latest additions to the Reine Blanche family - (i) Whitening Sleeping Mask, masque de nuit immaculé and (ii) Illuminating Eye Care & Mask, soin yeux & masque immaculé.





Last year, L'Occitane introduced REINE BLANCHE, a complete whitening and illuminating program formulated in Provence, France with organic Reine des Prés, also known as Meadowsweet flower (the white tiny flower as pictured above, was imported specially for this event).









Here is the full range of the Reine Blanche family - there are a total of 7 products, including the 2 new releases.


From left: Illuminating Foaming Cleanser, Illuminating Toner, Whitening Cream, Illuminating Eye Care & Mask, Whitening Sleeping Mask (front), Whitening Serum & Illuminating UV Shield SPF50.


Some of our local celebs such as Pauline Tan, Lawrence Wong and Siti Saleha have tried using the Whitening Sleeping Mask and they seem to adore it.





My Personal Experience & Review


Reine Blanche products can be used by both females and males
(⋆◗̑◡◗̑)⸝♡⃛⸜(◖̑◡◖̑⋆)

If you know me long enough, you'll know that my skin is the really sensitive type that reacts very easily, especially towards Whitening OR Anti-Aging agents. These products contain salicylic acid, a natural property in Reine des Prés, something I was afraid of. Salicylic acid is renowned for boosting luminosity and helping epidermal renewal, but if it is in high concentration, I am afraid that my skin may break out.

 I was really crossing fingers that my skin is able to absorb this whitening mask, without any irritation.... and THANK GOD MY SKIN DIDN'T REACT TO THIS WHITENING LINE!!
*hallelujah*
٩(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و


RM333 for 100ml
I was advised to start applying this mask once a week, with just a very thin layer of film (as opposed to a thick layer daily, as instructed on the box) - as my skin is high reactive towards whitening products. At first sight, it has a white silky cream texture with a hint of "whitening cream scent". I don't really know how to describe this smell, but it is neither pleasant or unpleasant to me. I just know that this cream has some kind of whitening agent in it.

 I used a face brush instead of the spatula that comes together with the box and I managed to cover all areas with a very smooth application. The product glides on easily onto my face. After about 10-15 minutes, the product has dried on my face and leaves a slightly sticky sensation, as all sleeping masks do. There is an option to either wipe off with tissue, or leave on overnight.

You can optimize the results by using these techniques:
  1. Stimulate microcirculation: position your index and thumb at the chin then sliding from the chin towards the jaw bone.
  2. Smooth the skin: make circular movements on face with the tips of your fingers. Using the palm of your hands, smooth working outwards from the center, several times.


The next morning when I woke up, I was firstly thrilled that there were no additional pimples
٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و

My skin looks VERY HYDRATED (I have dry sensitive skin) so that's a super BIG PLUS for me. Also it gave a slight blush over my cheeks after washing the product off my face.

I have yet to observe an overall whitening effect (I have only been using this for 2 weeks) but I notice that my fine lines are beginning to fade with time (especially with a good night's rest).

So far I have been using this sparingly, but whenever I use it, I have only good things to say about this "Whitening Sleeping Mask". And it's the only one I approve for people with sensitive skin.


RM193 for 15ml


Most L'Occitane eye products seem to fare well in the market and I can say this is no exception. For first impression, the packaging comes in classy white and silver. I can already imagine that it will be great to be in a lot of my #flatlays. The size is just nice for my hand grip and it is easy to bring around for travelling. Upon twisting the cap up, it reveals a metal tip that functions to add a cooling sensation at the under eye area along with the gel.

As I gently squeeze the tube, the texture of product is clear (almost whitish transparent) and it feels very gel-like. Upon drying, it does not leave a whitish cast (yay!) and it can double up as an eye mask too! To use as a mask, just apply a thicker layer for 10 minutes then wipe off excess without rinsing. This eye cream can be used daily for both day and night and as for eye mask, you can use up to twice a week.

All I can say is - the product claims are legit. I do feel calm and cooling when I rest and my eyes lit up the very next day. It's definitely not hard to look good and put on some eye makeup because the skin around the eyes become so soft and moist.

This product is supposed to last up to 3 months according to the box, so it's money well spent, especially with long term benefits. If you're one who is looking to brighten your under eyes area with some kind of illumination, THIS IS THE PRODUCT to put in your wish list next.


*   *   *   *   *

L'Occitane Reine Blanche range is available online at my.loccitane.com and their retail stores in major shopping malls. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments