Instagram

I update my Instagram almost daily! Look me up @gracemyu

Google+ Followers

Thursday, 3 November 2016

One Month After Using the Clarisonic Deep Pore Mia 2 Set

Thursday, 3 November 2016
Clarisonic. 

The brand that have been raved FOR YEARS by beauty enthusiasts worldwide, yet I have never gotten the chance to use it until NOW.

Yes, I finally got my hands face on a Clarisonic device!

I received the Deep Pore Mia 2 set for almost a month now.







The Clarisonic Deep Pore Mia 2 set includes a Mia 2 device, Deep Pore Daily Cleanser, Deep Pore Detoxifying Clay Mask and a Deep Pore Brush Head. Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Cleansing Device features two speeds suitable for all skin types, delicate and universal, that cleanse skin 6x better than hands alone. The Deep Pore Cleanser and Mask are perfect for removing impurities, controlling oil and refining enlarged pores. Use it in the shower or bath (it’s waterproof) and enjoy cleaner, softer, smoother skin in just 60 seconds a day.





From what I understand, the Clarisonic devices comes in a large variety of colours but the Deep Pore set comes only in BLUE. Blue because it comes with the Deep Pore brush head (brush heads are interchangeable). It is said that the Deep Pore brush is excellent for oily or large pore skin types.

I have dry and sensitive skin, thus I found the brush a little too harsh for my liking thus I went to my nearest Sephora (I frequent the one in Mid Valley a lot) and bought the Luxe Cashmere Cleanse head instead. I found online that many new Clarisonic users (especially those with sensitive skin) should try the softest head and work their way up as their skin adjusts to it.

It is said that the brush head should be changed after 3 months to maintain its efficacy (also for hygiene purpose, just imagine how much gunk gets trapped there on a daily basis!!).


On the box, the instructions mentioned that the device can used on a daily basis. However for starters, most advice that sensitive skin users should try on an interval of 2 days for starters. Also, many experienced initial breakouts upon using the product but with diligent usage, many reported that their skin has been at their softest!

So there's that for expectations.

As for my own experience, I started using on a daily interval with the Cashmere head (not shown in this blogpost). There are two speed options: High & Low. The High/Low option is indicated above the Power button in the middle. You are able to tell whether it is on High or Low setting by observing the light, whether it is lit up (for high) or down (for low).




High setting

Low setting

A closeup of the brush head

When the brush head vibrates.

This set comes with a magnetic battery and also a plastic cover to keep the device free of dust.


After my first cleanse, I did experience some unpleasant breakouts. I also can tell that it may be due to using a peeling gel just one wash before that, and my face got really aggravated.

There were tiny bumps that appeared near my jawline, especially on only the right side of my face. I was quite adamant to continue the journey but I was really hopeful that I too could achieve that envious state of "bouncy baby skin" that users rave about.



Fast forward to almost month now, I could tell that my skin is *finally* clearing up (with the help of the world's gentlest cleanser - Cetaphil - IMHO)!!!





Final Verdict

I'd say go for it!

It is WORTH the splurge.
Worth every single penny.
Also it is great as a gift for a total beauty junkie who hasn't has a Clarisonic device just yet. You could just make his/her beauty wish come true!

However if you are afraid to take the plunge because of sensitive skin, try the cashmere/radiance head first. (You'll thank me later)

With persistence, GREAT SKIN will be attainable!


If you are really keen on getting a Clarisonic device, here's your chance to save some cash! Key in 
HERCAMPUS
on Clarisonic's website and get 15% off!
Valid until November 20.


This post is brought to you by Clarisonic and Her Campus Media.
Though this is a sponsored post, my opinions are honest and are my own.

Background:
Clarisonic invented sonic skin cleansing in 2004 and today has sold over 15 million of its patented and much loved devices that help to reveal healthy, younger-looking skin. Available in over 50 countries around the world, Clarisonic’s mission is to beautifully transform skin and it does that by cleansing skin 6x better than hands alone. Gentle enough for twice-a-day use, Clarisonic devices are the #1 most recommended skin cleansing devices by US dermatologists. Clarisonic’s award-winning products are distributed through dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, spas, prestige retailers and online at Clarisonic.com. Clarisonic is headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA and is part of the L’Oreal Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Video!

Grace Myu: Malaysia Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle Blogger © 2014