Instagram

I update my Instagram almost daily! Look me up @gracemyu

Google+ Followers

Monday, 6 April 2015

NEW MAKEUP! Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque Lipstick Review & Swatches

Monday, 6 April 2015
Credit: blo.vn


Bonjour, Mademoiselle!
Aujourd'hui, ce est tout au sujet de rouge à lèvres!
(Today is all about lipsticks!)


I am so excited to share with you what I got on the recent Saturday! Seeing that it is unusual for postmen to work on weekends, I assume this will be something really good!

Fast forward to the unwrapping, I was thrilled to see THREE metallic tubes of lipsticks with silver embossments of "BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION AQUA Laque". The packaging is similar to ROUGE EDITION VELVET (which I have one myself and I absolutely adore!) and I got pretty giddy inside because I'm a sucker for cool and sleek packagings, as they emphasize the WOMAN in me! Though the tubes are made of shiny metallic material, the shine looks surprisingly CLASSY instead of trashy and cheap (because you know how cheap plastic can look)!!! Double yay!


From what I understand, Bourjois has released 8 shades of Aqua Lip Lacquer (read Lipstick, not Lipgloss!) namely 01 Appêchissant, 02 Rose on the Rocks, 03 Brun'croyable, 04 Vien si to Roses, 05 Red My Lips, 06 Feeling Reddy, 07 Fuschia Perche & 08 Babe Idole!


Credit: LOdoesmakeup



`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;* FEATURES `*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*
MIRROR-LIKE SHINE, INTENSE COLOUR & 10-HOUR HYDRATION!

The non-sticky formula glides on easily, creating a water-light sensation on the lips.
And what's more, it contains Nymphaea extract to smooth and moisturise.
Available in 8 mouth-watering shades, from soft nudes to statement brights THE AQUA FACTOR? Once applied, it doesn't run or feather so no need for a lip liner!


This is me in my nude lips. Lips only coated with lip balm.




`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;* FIRST LOOK `*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*





I find the texture really watery-like (hence the name Aqua, duh!) and super shiny, just like lip gloss but NOT STICKY AT ALL!

I like how it glides so easily onto my lips.
I also like how easy it is to apply it wit my lip brush. However, the downside is I have to pump into the bottle about 3 times for full coverage of my lips (that's A LOT considering I usually pump in only once for normal lip glosses). Also I noticed that some of the colours are more sheer compared to the others thus the product is BUILDABLE. Just carefully layer above to achieve a higher pigmented colour.

The scent of these lippies is lightly donned with a pleasant peppermint smell. Nothing too over the top that would turn you off.

I didn't use any lip primer for these swatches. Just plain lip balm for hydration.



This is me wearing 01 Appêchissant (nude coral). Good for the everyday look.



Lips coated in 05 Red My Lips (the reddest shade between the 3).



Finally in 07 Fuschia Perche (pinkish red hue).


I am IN LOVE with these new liquid lipstick as they make my lips instantly plumper and voluptuous! I always have a hard time drawing that Kylie Jenner lips (I'm no good with lip liners) so I guess this will be a good alternative for me HAHA!

The longevity of its colour will fade about 50% once you start eating or drinking (or kissing hehs). But in that respect, there is no product buildup (meaning it doesn't dry up the lips) so reapplication is not a problem (for me at least).


`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;* END NOTE `*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*

One thing I noticed after I cleaned up my hand is that only the shade 07 Fuschia Perche, left an after-stain, which I'm totally not in favour of. It reminds me of cheap makeup which always leave me having a hard time washing off. Maybe it's just me but I really dislike makeup after stains because it tells me that the product is not of good quality because my skin is absorbing the makeup pigments.





But other that this issue, I personally like the efficacy of this product because it does what it is supposed to do -- to create a watery shine look on the lips!


UPDATE: BOURJOIS Rouge Edition Aqua Laque is selling at an amazing introductory price at RM42.80 (NP RM45.50) at both Watsons and Bourjois Kiosk, Sunway Pyramid. For selected Watsons store, you get a gift with RM60 purchase of Bourjois product; while at the Kiosk, you get a different one with RM80 purchase. Grab them both while stocks last!

4 comments:

  1. I should head down there and check it out. In the meantime , maybe fancy a travel blog post ? Get you inspired on where to go next ! :)

    YouTube Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzibM5r5xkU

    Catch my VLOG on my travel to Bandung, Indonesia and also a detailed post about my trip over at my blog : http://www.wandeerach.com/2015/04/bandungtrip.html

    Followed u too btw - From Butterfly Project

    www.wandeerach.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wandee! Nice to meet you! Hope to see you during Butterfly Project events too soon :))

      Delete
  2. Beautiful swatches! I love Bourjois products! Do u prefer this aqua laque version or the previous one?

    xx
    urbanhippiekl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ailany!

      That's a good question! I very much prefer this one as it's not drying to my lips and it's a no brainer when it comes to application :))

      Delete

Latest Video!

Grace Myu: Malaysia Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle Blogger © 2014