Instagram

I update my Instagram almost daily! Look me up @gracemyu

Google+ Followers

Monday, 23 March 2015

Time for Taiwan

Monday, 23 March 2015

Despite having a family vacay in HongKong-China-Macau in 2013, I have yet to visit other Asian countries (aside from our close neighbouring countries, that is). I have never set foot in Japan, Korea, ..... and Taiwan. Sad, eh? I'm about close to touching 30 years old (gulp!) and they always say "travel when you are young and able" because when you have kids, it's not that easy anymore due to commitments. (No kidding)

So before I get married OR have children, one of my life's greatest dream is to able to travel as much as possible and SEE THE WORLD!



And.... not to set my expectations super high (because travelling DO COST A LOT OF MONEY! unfortunately), I do wanna travel to countries that can enhance my beauty knowledge and experience.

I am a beauty fanatic, after all.
I want to be able to grow old like a milf gracefully.


Like these Taiwanese milfs beauties.





From top: Barbie Hsu, Jolin Tsai, Lin Chi Ling, Shu Qi.


Do you know these women are nearing their 40's?!?!?!?
Except Jolin, she's 34. But still!
Wtf.


So I have pledge in this lifetime to visit TAIWAN. At least once! Or twice. Or thrice.
How can you not go to Taiwan and ask all these milfs hot women how they do it?
Okay, maybe I can't ask them personally but! I can observe and learn how their people do it. What products they use. Where should I buy my cosmetics and skincare products. Which brand is better.


I always hear my friends who have been to Taiwan saying that their sheet masks are SUPERDUPERDAMNCHEAP.... and GOOD!





First Stop: Little Three 小三美日, Taipei

Most ladies will usually prowl on Watsons, Cosmed and Sasa to get their beauty goods, but I am sooooo intrigued to go to Little Three 小三美日, a not so mainstream beauty shop that offers fantastic beauty stuff! I found this shop while surfing around online and gosh, this place should be in the Bucket List of every beauty addict out there! Well known amongst the locals, this shop carries products that were recommended at Nu Ren Wo Zui Da (女人我最大), a popular Taiwanese TV beauty programme.



Read more about Little Tree experience by these Singaporean beauty bloggers:
Spunktitud3 (Oct 2014)



Second Stop: Shilin Night Market

Photo Credit: Nova Walsh


This night market is the most famous and largest night market and in Taipei. Businesses start around 4.00pm and will go on until about 1.00 or 2.00am!
(I'm thinking Taman Connaught Cheras pasar malam.... but BIGGER!!!)

It is said that things here are reallyyyyy cheap (yay!) and there's a huge variety of fashion, beauty and food stalls here!

So yes, definitely in my Taiwan bucket list.



Third Location: Wufenpu 五分埔 Wholesale Market


After visiting wholesale markets in Bangkok, I just can't get enough of wholesale stuff! I am so looking forward to bring a whole stash of cash to Wufenpu! Walking the whole area doesn't seem like an easy feat, judging by the bird's eye view of the map. The whole thing does seem a lot like Chatuchak to me, only that it is open way up until night time it seems.


Pic Credit: Cavin Teo

Tonnes of ladies fashion can be found here and the best part about this whole market is that it's open 7 days a week! However, shops here don't open all at the same time so it's best to go during the noon until about midnight.



Fourth Place: Ximending西門町 District


Dubbed the Harajuku of Taipei, Ximending is definitely not to be missed especially for shopaholics! I saw not only street food vendors and popular American food chains during my research online, I also noticed -- street performers, toy vending machines in a video arcade shop, some entertainment outlets, and more fashion shopssssss!!!!!

I plan to reserve some space for a very delicious looking Mango Shaved Ice at Mango ChaCha!

Credit: Panyi Desires



I also want to take some OOTD shots at 

Cute Cartoon Cafes
such as...


... just to purely satisfy my inner child :)



Last but not least,
Taipei 101


Standing tall at 509.2 m (1,671 ft), Taipei 101 is the world's tallest building between 2004 until 2010. The tower surpassed our very own Malaysia's Petronas Twin Towers and it has a astounding 101 floors above the ground with 5 underground floors. Not visiting this world class architecture structure would be like not visiting Taiwan at all.



-----

Since Japan and Korea is a little on the pricey side, I think Taiwan would be a good fit for the near future travel plans.


I got most of my research info based on Taiwan Tourism Bureau Kuala Lumpur, they can be found at
http://timefortaiwan.tw/en/index.jsp



TAIWAN TRAVEL FAIR 2015

By the way, there is a Taiwan travel fair happening this week (25-29 March 2015) at One Utama! Details in the poster below -



Their Facebook Page is also very updated with the latest happenings in Taiwan, so do visit https://www.facebook.com/tbrockl too!



Time for Taiwan for the next vacay! Won't you just agree?


p/s: This is not a paid post. This is just a contest entry to win a 5D/4N trip to Taiwan, hosted by The Butterfly Project Malaysia. Click here to find out more. Anyway even if I didn't win, I'd genuinely still want to visit Taiwan one day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Video!

Grace Myu: Malaysia Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle Blogger © 2014