Eyes Bags, BE GONE! Dermal Filler Treatment @ Mediviron UOA

By Grace Myu - May 26, 2014


HELLOOOO!!!


I've been wanting to share this post with you girls for quite sometime but I was busy the whole of last week with so many events - my birthday, the THRIFTaholic Bazaar, and other blogger workshops in between! So the long awaited "aesthetic beauty procedure" post is FINALLY HEREEE!!!


First things first, I would like to take the time to MEDIVIRON UOA for generously offering ME to join this Media Review Program!!!! *loveyouguyslongtime*


PLEASE TAKE NOTE that this simple beauty procedure is 
NOT EQUIVALENT WITH SURGERY!!! 

NO NO NO!!!!


Let me clarify that this procedure is 
NOTHING MAJOR.


This is the MAIN REASON why I agreed to it in the first place.


So if you're gonna start judging me and say "Oh Grace has succumbed to the pressure of having plastic surgery!", let me show you the "X" button on the TOP OF THIS WINDOW and show yourself out. If you are not going to read this with an open heart and mind, your reading ends here. 
Thank you very much.



*


*


*


*


*


So I was saying, I wanna take the time to thank the staff of Mediviron UOA for being a great sport! FYI, this treatment is worth about RMX,XXX. That's why I'm so thankful for this :)



Thank you Ms Joan for being the most accommodating person ever! *heart*
This is me BEFORE the treatment, see those eye bags starring back? rawr


So today, I'm going to share with you what 
DERMAL FILLERS
is all about.


This is a simple procedure recommended to me to treat my ever burgeoning SUPERSHOPPINGEYEBAGS problem.





Injectable dermal fillers, also known as hyaluronic acid fillers, are one of the most popular facial rejuvenation treatments that we offer and are a highly effective anti-ageing treatment with instant results and virtually no down time.

Hyaluronic acid is a substance that occurs naturally in the body and helps to create volume beneath facial skin, along with collagen, elastin and fat cells. As we aged, our natural reserves of hyaluronic acid break down but dermal fillers can be used to restore the lost volume in the face, to smooth and to reduce wrinkles and lines, and to create plumper lips. The effects of just a small touch of additional volume provided by hyaluronic acid fillers can make quite a dramatic difference to your appearance, leaving you a fresher and younger look.

Hyaluronic acid fillers can be used as a standalone treatment or in combination with other procedures such as BOTOX injections and laser resurfacing to produce the effects of a non-surgical facelift.


RECOMMENDED FOR
This procedure is suitable for all skin types. No allergy testing is required, as hyaluronic acid is naturally occurring it is safe to use on anyone.

HOW OFTEN?
The effects of hyaluronic acid fillers can last in excess of a year, although the longevity of results varies from patient to patient. The body will eventually break down and absorb the hyaluronic acid over time and without leaving a trace. It’s important to remember that the treatment is not permanent so there’s no risk of being stuck with a look you may not be happy with in years to come.

RECOVERY TIME?
No down time, most people are able to return straight to work after treatment. Some redness, minor swelling or bruising may be experienced in the treatment area but is easily hidden with mineral make-up.





And so the treatment begins by placing numbing cream underneath my eyes. I was told to wait for about 30-45 minutes for the effect to kick in. The numbing cream leaves a cooling sensation, no weird scent at all! Basically the waiting time can be quite long, so remember to bring a book or game console to occupy yourself!


Scroll down through the pics and see the numbing cream slowly disappear!
(Yes I was bored waiting so what else can a vainpot do! #letmetakesuperbanyakselfies #dontvomit #janganmuntah)



Oooooh, thank GOD Mediviron UOA serves coffee!!!!!!!!!
Life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ok wait taime is over, last selfie then it's NEEDLE TIME! *screamsrunaway*

The doctor first wipes away excess numbing cream and then proceeds to mark the spot for the needle to enter. I AM NOT GONNA EDIT THE PHOTOS BELOW TO LET YOU SEE MY REAL FACE FOR YOUR COMPARISON!



WARNING:

SUPER

GRAPHIC

PICTURES

AHEAD!!!!!




SCROLL DOWN QUICKLY IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF NEEDLES!!!!















Looks painful ain't it?
But I can confirm you....

IT IS NOT PAINFUL AT ALL!!!
I kid you not.
All thanks to the numbing cream.
Even after the numbing cream effect wears off, there is only a tingling sensation that lasts only a few hours then I can put on my makeup as usual.


So after the procedure is done, my doctor told me that unlike most patients, I have a special condition - 
I CANNOT SMILE FOR THE COMING WEEK

FML. My birthday was the very next day (I did this procedure on 6 May 2014) 
and I'm not allowed to smile?!?!!?! D:

I'm a person who easily laughs and smile a lot for the silliest of things and I'm refrained for doing so for the next few days, at least!

Because apparently my *new fillers* will move around (gasp!) whenever I smile as it hasn't really settled into shape, just yet.

I was told I cannot have any alcohol,
(WHAT IS A BIRTHDAY PARTY WITHOUT ALCOHOL FML AGAIN)
or any facial treatment until everything settles in.


Despite all the "pantang-larangs", you can however see a noticeable difference on my face!!! :DD




I SWEAR NO PHOTOSHOP
This is taken by my Casio ZR1000 camera with some skin smoothing effect.


So this is my try-hard-not-to-smile-in-the-end-I-look-silly face with my young lovely doctor!
She imitated my arms and legs pose for this photo
 HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!


The doctor is very friendly and accommodating towards me. I asked quite a few silly questions and she always answered me with a smile :) The front desk staff are quite helpful too, offering to sip (more) coffee and helpful in directions to the washroom/food court. Overall, my experience was nothing short of splendid ;)


Keen to find out more about this procedure? 
Or any other beauty concerns? 
Feel free to call up for a consultation session!


Stay tuned for my next post on my third visit for follow-up 
(and perhaps touch-ups) procedures and what-nots!


Side note: If you are gonna do this procedure, do it at least a month or two before any huge events (esp those that involves alcohol!) so you will look at your optimum state :)


This post is brought to you by -



Klinik Mediviron Wisma UOA

LG 9, Lower Ground Floor, Wisma UOA II, Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Click here to view our interactive map

Contact +60-3-2163 5699/98 or +60-17-2163 569
Twitter @MedivironUOA

Operating hours
Monday - Thursday: 8.30am - 6.00pm
Friday & Saturday: 8.30am - 6.30pm
Sunday & Public Holiday: Closed

Full price list of procedures can be found here

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. The results look nice but looking at the procedure pics I have goose bumps ��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Devika Lal
    It's not as pain as it looks! No swelling or any blood involved ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Grace, I do see the obvious improvement in the after shot but you know what, you're so pretty anyway that you didn't really need to have this procedure done but its awfully, awfully brave of you to go through all those scary-looking injections for the sake of the blog.
    I'd love to see a follow-up post to this to see how long this lasted for you and regarding any other issues, if any, along the way.

    Great step-by-step post that had me turning away for a few moments there. You were not wrong to issue a graphic warning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ShopGirl
    Your comment actually made my day! I'm glad you find this post useful, and hope that it would provide you a better insight on what dermal fillers is all about! Another post coming up next week regarding my third follow up visit, so keep your eyes close here! ;)

    (Yes there will be more graphic pics too, unfortunately!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bookmarking! I'm very curious now...but I'll need to see this with an eye open and an eye closed lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's an update on the third visit!
    http://gracemyu.blogspot.com/2014/06/third-visit-for-botox-klinik-mediviron.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dermal filler can recover fullness and reduce lines and wrinkles around the lips, reducing the overall look of facial lines, acne and other marks in a natural-looking way. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dermal filler can recover fullness and reduce lines and wrinkles around the lips, reducing the overall look of facial lines, acne and other marks in a natural-looking way. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree with your observation. It is very difficult to answer which is better as both are different from each other and used for various purposes. Thanks for sharing this information....
    thanks
    Neha Verma

    ReplyDelete