Instagram

I update my Instagram almost daily! Look me up @gracemyu

Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 27 November 2013

SPECIAL GUEST POST: Wine, Dine & Party in KL! by Marta Velez

Wednesday, 27 November 2013

This post is a little more special because we have a guest blogger with us today! Marta approached me to do a guest blogpost on my blog and I thought, "Why not!" So yes, please leave your feedback here if you find this post particularly entertaining :)



Dinner and going out? I will tell you where!

By Marta Velez 


What do you usually do in a weekend in the city? I love weekends in the city where I go to the park, go shopping or just sleep but my favourite thing about weekends is definitely get the chance to be with a nice group of friends, go for a nice dinner and from time to time (say every week!!) enjoy nice music in a club. 

I am an expat here in Kuala Lumpur and one of the things that most surprised me about the city was exactly the, let’s say, social scene. So many good restaurants in Malaysia (both local and western) so many good bars and clubs. 

So let’s imagine, if today was Friday night where would I go? 

Credit: Time Out KL
Limablas 
15 Jalan Mesui, Off Jalan Nagasari, KL (03 2110 1289). Daily, 10am-12midnight.

This restaurant offers a good variety of Asian food. With a Malacca inspired decoration (you are pretty much inside a Malaccan shop) the venue is trendy, intimate and unique. The food is definitely underpriced: while they serve a really competent curry chicken the star here is without a doubt the grilled fish. Usually I and my friends do it “jalan alor style” ordering a number of different dishes and sharing between each other. I feel that every time I go there I get an amazing tasting experience. 

If you are looking for a chilled night this is also a good option to prolong the chatting after dinner over a beer or two!




Olive Tree
Menara Hap Seng G-05 Jalan P Ramlee, 50540 Kuala Lumpur (+60 3-2031 7887)

I have to say that indian food back in Europe is different, less spicy and tasty and they commit the sin of not having naan bread (I could live only with naan). I found Olive Tree with some indian friends that wanted to show me nice Indian cuisine (this is typically northern India) and this was a pleasant surprise.

You can choose in the menu or get the buffet option and in here the buffet compensates: they bring you hot different types of naan to the table (big plus) and you have from vegetarian to tandoori chicken, passing by salads, vegetables and dessert. The food is amazing! Heavenly tasteful! The venue is interesting although it is inside a shopping mall it is able to maintain a distinct look and uniqueness. And they play indian music nonstop!And after dinner you want to go for a beer? Or maybe dancing?






Pisco Bar
29, Jalan Mesui, Off Jalan Nagasari, KL (+603 2142 2900)
Open daily except on Mondays


Also located in Jalan Mesui it enjoys an amazing central location (two streets down from Changkat) but it manages to “run” from an overcrowded area/environment. Pisco is good for everything: in the first floor you can enjoy good music, grab a beer or a glass of wine and relax with your friends while in the second floor you can enjoy good music (from the cure to daft punk) and dance your shoes off till 3 a.m. Pisco is definitely one of my favorites in Kuala Lumpur!





Zouk
113 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur (+60 3-2171 1997)

If you really like dancing this is your place! I tried a lot of different clubs in Kuala Lumpur but I couldn’t find one that topped Zouk. With different rooms, different environments, different people and music you can never get bored here. Personally I think that 5 a.m. is too early for Zouk to close! The music is mainly electronic and commercial basically it does its job. One good thing if you happen to be foreign: foreign people don’t pay entrance fee till 1 a.m.!

Dress up, get some pre-drinks and prepare to go crazy!




There are a lot of other cool places in Kuala Lumpur and I could go on and on about this topic but these are definitely my usual spots! Hope to see you partying soon.





Marta is an expat in Kuala Lumpur working for an european company. This is her first time in Asia and she is loving it. She loves asian food, culture and weather and she plans to travel around.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review marta! Glad that your passion in reviewing is out :)

    http://jessytheklchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Video!

Grace Myu: Malaysia Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle Blogger © 2014