The workshop kickstarted at 11am, with a few exclusively selected bloggers at Kimarie Academy, Wisma Bukit Bintang. We were introduced to our two instructors of the day, one a hair expert, the other a makeup trainer -
- 26 years experience in hairdressing
- Trained Malaysia Airline crews for 8 years (Kimarie Academy is one of the appointed groomers for Malaysia Airlines Cabin Crew)
- 2008 Myskill competition winner
- City and Guilds Level 4 (Licentiateship Award)
- Certified Vocational Trainer of Malaysia (VTO)
- 7 years experience in makeup
- Has done many magazine shoots including Her World, Style, 360 Celsius
- And events such as Dani Maia Brazil bikini showcase, Corset Me, X -top Model Search 2012, commercial video shoot (Aircel Gaming TVC in India), MTV Shoot
|Joanne was explaining to the stages of hair growth.|
|Here is Esther, with Jane Schwan as a makeup demo model.|
Few tips we learnt during the workshop -
- Hair is made from blood.
- There are 3 stages of hair growth: Anagen, Catagen & Telogen
- We are supposed to wash hair before applying hair tonic
- For oily hair, use leave-in conditioner/serum
- There are 2 types of dandruff: dry (squarish flakes) & oily (round flakes, caused by sweat & sebum). Don't use dandruff shampoo if you have dry scalp.
- Balance out hairstyle according to your face shape: oval face = squarish hair / square face = roundish hair.